Thursday 16 December 2010

LAST DAY AS THE SANDWICH & PEGWELL BAY BIODIVERSITY WARDEN

Final day as the Biodiversity Warden at Sandwich & Pegwell Bay after a 3 month sabbatical working with the Kent Wildlife Trust on all aspects of nature conservation.
And I have to say that the wardens I have worked with are a dedicated hard working and at times entertaining bunch (You know who you are !) 
As a child I dreamt of working as a Warden in some far off place but circumstances led me towards Orthopaedics.
And for those with a deep interest in the natural world you never really lose that feeling.
My final day was spent watching a group of around 100 Waxwings on Stonelees as well as working with Volunteers clearing the trees and scrub from the ancient duneland pasture.
Great end to a great 3 months.

WAXWINGS STONELEES










No comments:

Post a Comment